Registration Policies & Procedures
Registration will open April 1st @ 8:00 am
The 2014 St. George Marathon entry cap has been increased to 7800 runners.
Opens on April 1, 2014, 8:00 am MST
Closes on Monday May 5, 2014, 11:59 P.M.
Registration fee: $90
NOTE: If you are NOT selected in the lottery to run in 2014 your registration fee, minus the online transaction fee, WILL be refunded.
Online Registration and printable entry forms will be available here, April 1, 2014, 8:00 am. If you are unable to register online or download an entry form, we will mail you an entry form upon receipt of a self-addressed stamped envelope, addressed to:
St. George Marathon
86 South Main Street
St. George, UT 84770
Consistent with the marathon running industry standard all entry fees are NON-refundable and cannot be deferred toward a future event. Bib numbers are NON-transferable. The selling and/or giving away of a St George Marathon bib number is not allowed and will result in disqualification of both the original bib owner and the runner using the bib number. Both runners will be prohibited from participation in the St George Marathon for a minimum of two years.
The Marathon Committee has created a number of different ways to enter the race:
1. Marathon lottery all entrants for the lottery during the month of April are pooled until May 5th. A computerized random selection process will generate the list of those runners selected to run the 2014 race.
2. Third time is the Charm If you submitted an entry for the lottery in 2012 and 2013, and you were not selected to run either year and did not run through any other means (example: charity option), then we guarantee that if you enter this year, you will be selected. Check your name here.
3. Washington County, Utah runners Residents of Washington County are guaranteed a place in the Marathon if entry is submitted by the May 5th deadline.
New verification policy! Runners MUST be full-time residents of Washington County. Only a Utah driver's license (not a temporary issue) with a Washington County address will be accepted as proof of residency. DO NOT register in or as a group. This will automatically withdraw your guaranteed entry.
4. 10 Year Club members Over 1300 runners have become members of this prestigious club by running in 10 or more St. George Marathons. Members are given a guaranteed entry along with discounts, but must enter by May 5, 2014. DO NOT register in or as a group. This will automatically withdraw your guaranteed entry.
5. Cancellation Policy: We will no longer be awarding entries into the following marathon for canceled runners. There will be NO REFUNDS for cancellations and NO TRANSFERS.
6. STG on the Run previously known as the 30/30 program - Each year, the St. George Marathon donates one free, guaranteed entry to 30 races throughout Utah. Each race has the freedom to award the entry as they choose.
Participate in our STG on the RUN program and win a spot from our 30 participating smaller races. View STG on the RUN Program & Participating Races
7. Official Marathon Charity program Official Marathon Charities, tier 1, are allocated a certain number of entries to accomplish their purposes. Marathon runners who were not selected through the lottery can donate funds to one of the charities below and be eligible to receive a guaranteed entry in to the 2014 St George Marathon (you will still need to pay the TBA registration fee). Please contact your charity of choice directly for donation fees and further details.View Official Charities
8. St. George Marathon Runner Series For non-Washington County residents only. The Marathon Committee has named ten (10) races in Washington County as part of the Runner Series. The first 900 runners who register on the website for the Runners Series must participate in two (2) of the thirteen (13) races, one MUST be a City of St George sponsored event, to be eligible for a guaranteed Marathon entry. Series registration opens each year following the Marathon. Registration is now closed for 2013-2014. Registration for the 2014-2015 St George Runner Series will open Monday October 6th 2014 at 9:00 a.m.
9. Group Registration - Runners can register as a group of up to 5 runners. Each member of the group should fill out their own individual registration application. On the second page of the online application there is a field for "Group Email". Each member of your group should enter the exact SAME email address in the "Group Email" field. The group will be entered in the lottery as ONE. If the group is selected, the entire group will be in the race. If the group is not selected, none of the runners are in the race. If you are a Washington County resident or a member of the 10 Year Club, DO NOT register in a group, this will automatically withdraw your guaranteed entry.
A list of all runners registered through all listed options will be available on our website after registration closes.